Advanced ActiveMQ Training
Description: This training focuses on the advanced features of ActiveMQ and is considered the “Crown Jewels” of understanding the inner-workings of ActiveMQ and many features and troubleshooting techniques that end users will encounter in a production setting. The course examines topics such as monitoring, advanced configuration, tuning, advanced architectures from the client and broker, topologies, and failover. The labs offer students a hands-on experience in areas they will encounter in a real-world ActiveMQ implementation.
Target Audience: This course is for architects and developers who need to understand the advanced topics of using ActiveMQ to build integration solutions using message-oriented middleware.
Objective: After this course the attendees will have learned advanced topics in using ActiveMQ, such as tuning and diagnostics, monitoring, advanced topologies and high availability/failover consideration.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: Course fees require a minimum of 6 attendees plus the cost of the instructor travel. Contact us for a detailed fee schedule.
Pre-requisites: Attendees must have:
- Good working knowledge of Java, including a good understanding of Java developments tools (ant, maven, eclipse)
- Basic understanding of distributed systems concepts (SOA, Web Services) and a solid understanding of JMS and ActiveMQ
Hardware: Students are required to have a computer or laptop with Windows, MacOS, or Linux with Java 6/7 and Maven 3 installed, as well as the ability to read PDF documents. Class materials will be watermarked and distributed to the students in electronic format.
1) Advanced ActiveMQ overview
2) Monitoring and configuration
3) Lab – Configuration
5) Lab – Tuning and stuck queues
6) Advanced architectures and considerations
7) Lab – Prefetch and clients
8) Network of Brokers and topologies
9) Lab – Network of Brokers
10) Failover considerations
11) Lab – Failover considerations