Apache CXF 2.5.0 Released
The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the 2.5.0 release.
Apache CXF is an open source services framework. CXF helps you build and develop services using frontend programming APIs like JAX-WS and JAX-RS. These services can speak a variety of protocols such as SOAP, XML/HTTP, RESTful HTTP, or CORBA and work over a variety of transports such as HTTP and JMS.
CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the following areas:
* Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service standards including SOAP, the WSI Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing, WS-Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Security, WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-Trust, and
* REST based service creation based on JAX-RS 1.1 standard API’s.
* Frontends: CXF supports a variety of “frontend” programming models. CXF provides a JAX-WS 2.2 Compliant frontend. It also includes a “simple frontend” which allows creation of clients and endpoints without annotations. CXF supports both contract first development with WSDL and code first development starting from Java.
* Ease of use: CXF is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. There are simple APIs to quickly build code-first services, Maven plug-ins to make tooling integration easy, JAX-WS API support, Spring XML support to make configuration a snap, and much more.
What’s new in CXF 2.5.0:
* New Security Token Service
* New WS-Notification service
* Initial OAuth support for JAX-RS services
* WS-MetadataExchange support
* Enhanced WS-RM interopability
* Enhanced OSGi and Karaf integration
* Much more…….
See the 2.5 Migration guide at:
for more details about the release and the new features.